Vestas Wind Turbine Readiness Program
Increasing Women in Wind in Canada
This 4-week readiness program, offered in collaboration with Women Building Futures and Lethbridge College in Alberta, will prepare you to begin a career working in the renewable energy sector as an entry-level wind turbine technician.
During the program, students will have the opportunity to formally interview with Vestas for a position as a Level 1 Service Technician. Students who successfully interview and complete the program will become employed and participate in 3-weeks of fully paid hands-on training and onboarding with Vestas.
Courses and Skills
- Specialized safety certifications and first aid training
- Hands-on skills training with wind turbines
- Workplace culture and financial literacy
- Blueprint schematics
- Interview & resume workshops to support employment
- Ongoing mentorship and support through alumni advisors