The V117-4.2 MW™ is designed for medium to high wind speeds, withstanding highly severe climatic conditions.
V117-4.2 MW™ at a glance
V117-4.2 MW™ is designed for medium to high wind speeds, and it boosts performance by 13 percent compared to V117-3.45 MW.
Applying the existing upgraded gearbox from V136-3.45 MW and V126-3.45 MW Htq, the V117-4.2 MW™ is able to withstand extreme wind conditions, making new sites possible for wind energy projects.
available for the
- High Wind Operation
- Power Optimised Mode up to 4.2 MW (site specific)
- Load Optimised Mode down to 3.6 MW
- Condition Monitoring System
- Service Personnel Lift
- Vestas Ice Detection
- Vestas De-Icing
- Low Temperature Operation to - 30°C
- Fire Suppression
- Vestas Shadow Flicker Control System
- Vestas Bat Protection System
- Nacelle Hatch for Air Inlet
- Aviation Lights
- Aviation Markings on the Blades
- Vestas InteliLight™
V117-4.2 MW™ Typhoon
The V117-4.2 MW™ Typhoon offers maximum energy production in medium to high wind speeds. It strengthens the 4 MW platform’s performance in extreme wind conditions expanding reach into areas with very strong wind and typhoon type weather. With use of Load Optimised Modes, the V117-4.2 MW™ Typhoon can be sited at complex sites with turbulence levels exceeding IEC class A.